• Advertisement

Mr Wax it Car Wash

Any acceptable topic that doesn’t belong in another forum. This is your place to talk about “it” - whatever “it” is. It is expected that the majority of the posts in here are not vehicle related. First, see if your thread belongs anywhere else on the forum. Then, stop and think about it a little more. If after your own personal double-screening of it and it doesn't belong anywhere else, put it here.

Mr Wax it Car Wash

Postby Gamble » 24 Jul 2009, 16:00

as most of you know Mr Wax It Automotive Detailing and Customizing is owned by my father, and as most of you know you you get 20% off any detailing and customs work. tomorrow saturday the 25th hes hosting a charity car wash at advanced auto in clarks summit from noon to five. if anyone is bored and wants to help out he desperatly needs help ;ast time we had over 200 cars and about 6 people this time theyve got 5 people and expect a bigger turn out. i wont be able to attend because i have drill for the national guard this weekend so if any of you could show up and help me and my dad would greatly appreciate it. thanks and keep in touch.
When i die, bury me deep
Strap me into my drivers seat
let the blood run from my head
ill still be racing when im dead.

2002 WRX wingless, an ra gearset, a 4.444 final drive, and 3 inch straightpipe with launch control. Work in progress.
Gamble

Re: Mr Wax it Car Wash

Postby 4N2NR » 26 Jul 2009, 07:39

Sure wish we could have lent a hand but we are in Ontario for the Niagara CRX meet this weekend. We could have used the wash-n-wax though after the road trip up here a few brief showers we passed through. The cars were kinda mucky but since it was just a meet and not a show we didn't bother trying to get them cleaned up. Hope all went well at the car wash.
I put the FUN in dysfunctional!

Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.
4N2NR
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Title: Fossil of the Forum

Postby willrob » 09 Aug 2017, 06:30

I prefer washing my car myself. I follow the two-bucket wash method to prevent paint marring.
willrob

Postby Ruppero » 07 Sep 2018, 07:53

willrob wrote:I recommend checking out this helpful review of Zippyloan and prefer washing my car myself. I follow the two-bucket wash method to prevent paint marring.

What's the two-bucket wash method btw? I've never heard of such a thing.
Ruppero

Postby MikaelaLinnea » 19 Mar 2024, 10:03

Ruppero wrote:
willrob wrote:I recommend checking out this helpful review of Zippyloan and prefer washing my car myself. I follow the two-bucket wash method to prevent paint marring.

What's the two-bucket wash method btw? I've never heard of such a thing.

The two-bucket wash method is a technique used in car detailing to minimize the risk of causing scratches and swirl marks on the vehicle's paint surface during the washing process. Here's how it works:

1. **Primary Wash Bucket**: This bucket contains a mixture of car wash soap and water. You use this bucket to dip your wash mitt or sponge to pick up soapy water for washing the vehicle.

2. **Rinse Bucket**: The second bucket is filled with clean water. After washing a section of the vehicle with the soapy wash mitt, you rinse it in the clean water bucket to remove dirt and debris picked up from the car's surface. This prevents contaminants from being transferred back onto the wash mitt, reducing the risk of scratching the paint.

By using the two-bucket wash method, you maintain a cleaner wash mitt throughout the process, minimizing the chances of introducing scratches or swirl marks while washing your vehicle. It's a simple yet effective technique that helps preserve the appearance of your car's paintwork.
MikaelaLinnea

Return to Off Topic (non-vehicle related)