• Advertisement

Cheap Tires on Stock Rims 185/60R14

This is what you couple your powerplant and drivetrain to and what most people see as your locomotive means. What rims or which tire is best for any given application? Let us know your thoughts. Discuss different wheels and tire manufacturers and combinations. What rim, size, tread, etc. is better for a specific application? Here's the place to find out.

Cheap Tires on Stock Rims 185/60R14

Postby 4N2NR » 24 Mar 2009, 05:03

I am considering some cheap tires (price wise - not necessarily quality wise) to put on stock rims in the 185/60R14 size. I like the tread pattern on the General Altimax HP. Has anyone used these?

ImageImage
Tire Rack link

They will go on a 1986 CRX. The car is stock. It isn't raced or riced. Pretty much it is an econobox daily summer driver that I am trying to keep in decent shape. What are your thoughts and opinions on these?
I put the FUN in dysfunctional!

Just tell her you are fixing it for someone and it is not yours and when they never show up to pick it up tell her you are keeping it for all of the work you put into it.
4N2NR
Webmaster
Webmaster

Forum Title: Fossil of the Forum

Re: Cheap Tires on Stock Rims 185/60R14

Postby willrob » 28 Sep 2017, 04:53

Not really cheap, but I currently run Hankook tires. Ordered them at 4wheelonline. Superb traction on dry roads.
willrob

Return to Wheels/Tires